Are you considering having your air ducts cleaned but not sure if it’s really needed? How do you know when it’s time for duct cleaning Richmond Hill? Is duct cleaning a scam or is it actually beneficial for your home?
In the following article, we shall focus on the benefits of Richmond Hill duct cleaning. As well, we will point out how to tell it’s time to schedule a visit from a duct cleaning service.
What does duct cleaning Richmond Hill entail?
Duct cleaning is more than just removing the grills from your vents and giving them a quick cleaning. That is why it is best to hire a professional company to do the job for you. Duct cleaning services Richmond Hill have the skill, training, equipment and materials needed to get the job done right. But what exactly happens during duct cleaning Richmond Hill?
The cleaning team will perform a detailed inspection of your duct work as well as the HVAC system and its components. In most cases, they will make any minor repairs that they deem necessary during the initial inspection. If any major work needs to be done, they will refer you to an HVAC specialist.
Then the cleaning team will use professional grade cleaning products and state of the art cleaning equipment to thoroughly clean your HVAC system and ductwork in its entirety. They will work hard to remove any mold, mildew, dust mites, allergens and other pollutants that are trapped within your duct work system.
How long does professional duct cleaning Richmond Hill take?
Generally speaking, it can take anywhere from two to four hours to completely clean your duct work. This can vary depending on the size of your home and the complexity of your duct work. As well, if any components need to be repaired or replaced or if any mold or mildew is found, it could take longer.
How do I know my ducts need to be cleaned?
Following are telltale signs that it’s time for Richmond Hill duct cleaning:
- Mold or mildew growth in or around your ductwork.
- Insect or rodent droppings or infestation
- Rapidly increasing cooling or heating costs.
- Increase in dust and dirt in your home, especially near the vents.
- Recent construction or home renovations
- Increase in allergies or other health concerns such as breathing issues, rashes, dizziness or forgetfulness
- If anyone in your home smokes or vapes
- If you have pets
What are the benefits of air duct cleaning?
There are many advantages of duct cleaning Richmond including the following.
- Duct cleaning will remove any pollutants, allergens or other irritants from your air vents, thereby causing the air in your home to be cleaner.
- Your energy costs will decrease as your HVAC system will not have to work as hard to cool or heat your home.
- Your HVAC system will not need to be serviced as often. Regular duct cleaning can prolong the life of your HVAC system as well prevent costly repairs.
- You won’t have to dust, mop or vacuum as often as there will be less dust in the air.
- You won’t have to worry about mold or mildew growth in your home.
- Your home will be free of rodents, insects and other such critters.
How often do I need to clean my air vents?
Experts generally suggest that you should have your air vents cleaned once every two or three years. However, in some conditions warrant more frequent cleanings, If you are a pet owner, a smoker or if anyone in your home has health concerns, it is recommended that you have your vents cleaned annually. As well, those who have had recent construction should schedule vent cleaning.
Should I clean my air vents myself or hire a professional service?
While it is entirely possible to clean your vents on your own, it is best to hire a vent cleaning service. They possess the proper equipment that can perform a deep cleaning on your vents. Their vacuum hoses will be able to reach the entire vent system to ensure that all debris is removed from your duct work. In the long run, it will save you a great deal of time and effort to have your vents cleaned professionally.
When you are ready to schedule duct cleaning Richmond Hill, don’t hesitate to give us a call at Comfort Clean. We will provide you with a free quote for the best duct and vent cleaning in the Richmond Hill area. Contact us today to find out more.